Saturday 30 June 2012

I need to start somewhere, Now and This is a good place to start - Disney World, Orlando, Florida, USA


I have been meaning to blog about my US trip, specifically our one week in Disney World, Orlando, Florida the week before Easter, end March 2012, but I just didn't know where to start.

There are so many things to talk about that one week, which we spent exclusively at Disney World alone (that's like half of our entire trip to the US), I didn't know where to begin. Nearly three months on, I still haven't blogged about it, I have only uploaded 200 photos (one album) on fb (I usually will upload EVERYTHING on fb), and random pix uploads - one here, one there, but nothing much, I have thousands of pix unsorted, and geez, where do I start?

Anyway, here I am typing away, trying to make sense of the entire trip in this blog post.

I chose the Cinderella's Castle as the pix above as it represents what Disney is well-known for - the dreams of little girls to be real life princesses, which were brought in cartoons, timeless, and I still get a bit carried away, when I try to think back of my childhood, and then I see myself in the eyes of little girls today, especially my two god daughters, Rachel and Genevie, they are complete Disney fans, same like their god mother, their mommy Sue. :-)

Hubby and I are both Disney fans. Our first visit to a Disney Park was back in 2010, when we made a trip to Hong Kong just to visit Disneyland, our three-day-trip saw us spending two days in Disneyland, we didn't even check out anything else in HK except for the Peak (formerly known as Victoria's Peak) and the famous for their egg tarts - Honolulu Cafe which was a short walk from our hotel, before we stayed in Disneyland Hotel till the end of our trip, and oh, left out our 'contact' with the airport. That's how much we adore Disney. :-)

I think you can call us hardcore Disney fans.

Geez, I still don't know where this blog post is going, this is more like a prelude of our romance with Disney than about the Disney World trip itself. Haha.

I shall end this blogpost with this pix:


Yup, the entire Disney World is about the size of San Francisco city in California. Disney World is so huge that it is about twice the size of the island of Manhattan in New York. Amazing, isn't it? Now is it any wonder why I don't know where to start? Till the next blogpost, have a magical day! (Disney's standard form of greeting - Have a Magical Day!)

No comments: