Friday 18 March 2011

Citibank Does Not Protect Its Credit Card Users from Fraud - My husband's dispute with Citibank since May 2010

“The cardholder’s maximum liability for unauthorised transactions as a consequence of a lost or stolen credit card shall be confined to a limit specified by the issuer of credit cards, which shall not exceed RM250 provided the cardholder has not acted fraudulently or has not failed to inform the issuer of credit cards as soon as reasonably practicable after having found that his credit card is lost or stolen.”

Card information is obviously stolen. Shame that Citibank does not follow this guide. How to liaise with the merchant when we did not engage their services in the first place because it is obviously fraud.

Please read from bottom up. After the Valentine's Day email to us, I shot another email back reprimanding her for not only addressing me with any title she misspelled my name, and she never replied.

I just shot another email just about now as Citibank obviously got sued and lost in a fraud case where a woman got charged nearly her entire month salary for travel expenses that she never made. Geez, I'll ask my hubby to cancel his card AFTER he got a refund.


--- On Mon, 2/14/11, @citi.com> wrote:

From:@citi.com>
Subject: RE: URN: 090220111310564585 - I1006070041
To:
Date: Monday, February 14, 2011, 8:39 AM

*She spelled my name wrongly!* (I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE MISSPELL MY NAME!)

The booking details already provided by the merchant.

The bank do not have further chargeback right against the merchant. Please liaise with merchant for a refund. Or you can bring the case to Consumer Tribunar. (wrong spelling)

Thanks & Regards

HER NAME

BankCard Operations Problem Resolution

Tel: 03- 238

Fax: 03- 271

email: her address@citi.com

From:MY REPLY
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2011 12:10 PM
To: CITIBANK; MY HUSBAND
Subject: RE: URN: 090220111310564585 - I1006070041

Maybe we can bring this to the Consumer Tribunal. It's a losing battle trying to work it out with Citibank.

ME



--- On Thu, 2/10/11, MY HUbby's address a@hotmail.com> wrote:


From: HUBBY's ADDRESS @hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: URN: 090220111310564585 - I1006070041
To: THAT CITIBANK OFFICER@citi.com
Cc: MY ADDRESS@yahoo.com
Date: Thursday, February 10, 2011, 11:58 AM

Dear Ms. HER NAME,

Good day and thanks for your email pertaining to my case.

I did receive this document before but what i'm requesting here is, I want to see the proof from the hotel on when and where I did the reservation. This slip doesn't tell any booking time/date and the booking date is the date i'm leaving Hong Kong. Why am I doing this since my flight back to Malaysia is on the same day?

Anyway, I insist I want to see the booking details as in where, when I make this reservation. Thank you very much for your help and I hope you can understand my situation here. Thank you.

BR,
MY HUSBAND


From: THAT CITIBANK OFFICER@citi.com
To: MY HUBBY's ADDRESS@hotmail.com
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 11:11:32 +0800
Subject: URN: 090220111310564585 - I1006070041

Hi Mr ,

As per our tele-conversation, please refer the below attachment that the hotel provided.

This is a hotel room reservation and reservation is confirmed with confirmation # 259997

Definitely, there is no signature because you did not “ turn up”.

Thanks & Regards

xsssssxxxxxxx

BankCard Operations Problem Resolution

Tel: 03- 23

Fax: 03- 27

email: her address@citi.com


No comments: